I went home for supper tonight and had a wonderful meal over half of which was locally grown. I had:
- steak (from HyVee, unknown location source)
- corn on the cob (from Omaha’s Farmer’s Market)
- tomato, basil, mozzarella salad (tomato and basil from my parents’ garden; mozzarella from HyVee, unknown location source)
- mashed potatoes (from HyVee, unknown location source)
- peach pie (from an orchard just outside of Council Bluffs)
- dinner rolls (from Orsi Bakery)
Delicious! And I’d say my parents are on the right track, wouldn’t you?